Nationally certified in Oriental Medicine, Karen Borla is a Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine. She received her master of science in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture, in Watertown, Mass.
Karen trained in Chinese Herbal Medicine at the China Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center in China, and with many masters in the United States.
Education a lifelong pursuit and I welcome every challenge as an invitation to learn.
Love to learn…
Karen’s had a lifelong interest in natural and preventive healthcare. She has studied a variety of Asian bodywork therapies, martial arts, yoga, meditation and energy cultivation techniques.
Her most influential teachers include:
- Rene J. Navarro, Dipl. Ac. – Shaolin kung fu, Tai Ji Chuan, Taoist meditative practices.
- Dr. Ping Chan, L.Ac. – Acupuncture, herbal techniques and Tui Na for traumatic injury
- Patrick Cunningham, L.Ac. – Structural anatomy, trigger and motor point needling.
- Daniel Camburn, L.Ac. – Herbal medicine, Advanced gynecology and infertility
- Sharon Weizenbaum – Advanced diagnostics and herbal medicine
- Brugh Joy, M.D. – Heart centered meditation and psycho-spiritual techniques for self-realization